- Above are five green buttons for the five workshops available for 2021.
- To start a workshop click on it’s appropriate button. A new browser tab will open with the sign in form. You will have to sign in to every workshop just like you would if we were in person so MAPT can have accurate attendance rosters for each workshop.
- Note: This format is intended for individual attendance to help adhere to CDC Guidelines on gatherings. If you chose to bring your group together to watch these workshops, you will still have to sign each person in, to each workshop, for them to receive credit.
- Complete the Sign-In Form and click on the “Complete Registration & Go to Virtual Workshop” button.
- You will then see a thank you page. There will be a “Click Here” link to access the video. Each video is password protected. They are simple passwords corresponding with the workshops. Workshop 1 password: MAPT1, Workshop 2 password: MAPT2, etc.
- You will also be sent an email with this same link and password information should you accidentally close out of this tab/window.
- Click the link to access the video, enter the password and the video should be viewable.
- Once you have watched the ENTIRE workshop presentation, you can close out of this tab on your browser and you should be brought back to this page and can go to the next workshop in your list.
Welcome to the MAPT Virtual Training Portal!
Records of Completion: Directors/Supervisors can contact Dottie Muchmore or Michelle Caron to obtain a list of your staff who have completed the training workshops.
Your Workshop Presenters
Workshop 1: School Bus Pre-Trip Inspection
Jenny Chase - Jenny is the mother of 3 girls and the Nana of 3 boys. She started driving school bus for Rowell’s Garage in 1987 and became the Transportation Director for the same company in 1997. We are 1 of 2 private companies that serve the students of RSU #68 which includes Dover-Foxcroft, Monson, Charleston and Sebec. The population of students that Rowell’s services is approximately 700 with 15 drivers.
Workshop 2: ACEs
Brenda Cravens - Brenda is the Transportation Director for MSAD #60 (Berwick, North Berwick & Lebanon) since 2016. Brenda has worked in transportation for 39 Years as Safety Coordinator, Transportation Coordinator and Director of Transportation. She is a member of MAPT as Secretary, has been a Director at Large & member of NAPT.
Lori-Ann Mathews - Lori-Ann is the Transportation Director for RSU/MSAD #37. Lori-Ann has been driving a school bus for 25 years and has obtained her license as a Certified CDL/School Bus Driver’s Ed Instructor. She is a member of MAPT and currently on the Regionals Travel Team.
Workshop 3: Distractions
Fred Barlow - Fred serves as Director of Transportation at RSU #16 -- Mechanic Falls, Minot & Poland, and has managed in the pupil transportation industry since 1986. He has earned certifications in other states as a school bus driver instructor and motor vehicle license examiner.
Workshop 4: Introduction to Wheelchair Securement
Lisa Gadway - Lisa is the Transportation Director at MSAD #75 - Bowdoin, Bowdoinham, Harpswell & Topsham and has been in the transportation field for 22 years. Lisa is an active member of NAPT and MAPT. She is a member of the Maine delegate for the National Congress on School Transportation & a member of the NAPT Awards Committee. Lisa is a national champion in the 2015 Transporting Students with Special Needs team competition.
Gregg McGoff - Gregg is a bus driver for MSAD #49 (Fairfield) and has been an active member of MAPT. He has been in the transportation field for 27 years. Gregg is a four time Maine State Champion and a national champion in the 2015 Transporting students with Special Needs team competition.
Workshops 5: Banking for Success
Andy Madura- Andy has been in the Transportation field for 40 years, starting out as a Mechanic and Bus Driver and for the past 32 years the Director of Transportation, Facilities and Food Services for MSAD #61. His entire career has been with MSAD #61. He is a long time member of MAPT and NAPT, currently he is a Director at Large for MAPT.