- Above are six green buttons for the six workshops available for 2022.
- To start a workshop click on it’s appropriate button. A new browser tab will open with the sign in form. You will have to sign in to every workshop just like you would if we were in person so MAPT can have accurate attendance rosters for each workshop.
- Note: This format is intended for individual attendance. If you chose to bring your group together to watch these workshops, you will still have to sign each person in, to each workshop for them to receive credit.
- Complete the Sign-In Form and click on the “Complete Registration & Go to Virtual Workshop” button.
- You will then see a thank you page. There will be a “Click Here” link to access the video. There are no passwords needed to view this year's videos.
- You will also be sent an email with this same link should you accidentally close out of this tab/window.
- Click the link to access the video.
- Once you have watched the ENTIRE workshop presentation, you can close out of this tab on your browser and you should be brought back to this page and can go to the next workshop in your list.
Welcome to the 2022 MAPT Virtual Regional Transportation Safety Conference Training Portal!
Please follow the directions on the left to access the training videos. You must complete all six workshops by May, 31, 2022 to receive credit for conference attendance.
You can download a copy of our 2022 Regional Conference brochure by clicking HERE!
Your 2022 Workshop Presenters
Workshop 1: McKinney-Vento Act Review
Matt Kearns - Matt is the Bus Sales Representative for DATTCO Sales & Service covering ME/NH/VT. This is his 21st year in school transportation. He has worked in almost every position in school transportation over the years from office intern, monitor, van driver, bus driver, driver trainer & Transportation Director. He is an active member of MAPT and has presented at multiple conferences on various topics.
Workshop 2: Students Come First in All Directions
Andy Madura - Andy has been in the Transportation field for over 40 years, starting out as a Mechanic and Bus Driver and for the past 33 years the Director of Transportation, Facilities and Food Services for MSAD #61. His entire career has been with MSAD #61. He is a long time member of MAPT and NAPT, currently he is a Director at Large for MAPT. Andy lives in Naples with his wife Connie, they have three grown children and three grandchildren. Andy in his spare time works on the weekends for a local paramedic service.
Workshop 3: Interacting with Students with Special Needs
Lisa Gadway - Lisa is the Transportation Director at MSAD #75 - Bowdoin, Bowdoinham, Harpswell & Topsham and has been in the transportation field for 23 years. Lisa is an active member of NAPT and MAPT. She is a member of the Maine delegate for the National Congress on School Transportation & a member of the NAPT Awards Committee. Lisa is a national champion in the 2015 Transporting Students with Special Needs team competition.
Workshop 4: Danger Zones - What Do You Know?
Cindy Messier - Cindy is a Driver and Trainer for RSU 21 (Arundel, Kennebunk & Kennebunkport). She has been in the transportation field for 20 years specializing in bus safety and training. She has been an active member of MAPT and the Southern Driver Representative for 8 years. Cindy is also involved with the MAPT Conference Committee.
Workshop 5: ELDT Enhances Safety
Sherri Zulick - Sherri is a Bus Driver and Trainer for MSAD #6-Bonny Eagle. She has been a driver for four years and is in the final stage of obtaining her Class A instructor license through the State of Maine.
Workshops 6: Workplace Culture
Terry Balduff - Terry is the Transportation Safety Coordinator for MSAD #60. Previous to coming to MSAD #60 he was a school bus driver in Bexley, Ohio, an educator in Ohio and South Carolina, and a business owner. He is currently a member of NAPT and MAPT.